[fpc-pascal] Freepascal on OSX 10.9 Mavericks $LINKLIB gcc broken

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Mon Mar 10 19:07:20 CET 2014

Jonas,

Unfortunately, your suggestion while appreciated does not work.

For example, the actual function "__divdi3" actually lives in
/usr/lib/system/libcompiler_rt.dylib

This library does not exist on Snow Leopard. But it does exist on
Mavericks.  (I do not have Lion/Mtn Lion available)

{$LINKLIB gcc_s} does not work -> Library NOT found by FPC compiler/linker
{$LINKLIB compiler_rt} does not work -> Library NOT found by FPC
compiler/linker
{$LINKLIB /usr/lib/system/libcompiler_rt.dylib} does not work -> Library
NOT found by FPC compiler/linker
{$LINKLIB /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib} does not work -> Library NOT found
by FPC compiler/linker

I also tried using:
{$LIBRARYPATH /usr/lib/system}
{$LINKLIB compiler_rt}

So this is more challenging that I originally thought.

Must I go back to Mountain Lion to do OSX development with FPC/Lazarus?

The mystery still continues...