[fpc-pascal] rewritng function

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jun 23 09:53:44 CEST 2014

On 23 Jun 2014, at 09:01, mokashe.ram wrote:

>     please help me on rewriting below fixing using any other workaround..as
> i have already gone through my post but still i am not able to fix this MEM
> issue.....this is on ly one issue which i amnot able to fix yet.....
>
> FUNCTION error_message_already_written : BOOLEAN;
>
> BEGIN
>
>   *error_message_already_written:=MEM[$b800:3681]
>
> =message_background_colour*16+error_message_colour; *END;

You cannot just change this one single statement to use the video unit without changing the rest of the program. Well, you can, but it won't do anything. The video unit does not automamagically know what has been written to the screen in other code.

Consider rewriting the logic of this code (keep track via a variable whether the error message has already been written) instead of trying to literally translate this hack.

Jonas