[fpc-pascal] CustHttpApp and HP httperf tool

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jun 10 10:31:13 CEST 2014

On 06/10/2014 10:22 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> The purpose of a websocket is entirely different, these are not
> interchangeable technologies.
> A websocket is not even the HTTP protocol.
I do know this. I was told that websocket is a kind of successor
technology for the replacement of not very "safe" methods like "comet"
that rely on kept-open http sockets.

>> If course the browser, the server, and any proxy in between needs to
>> support this but I was told that his is supposed to usually to be in
>> place.
>
> This is also not correct. I have had many problems deploying a
> websockets based program.

I see. So what I have been told by a websocket advocate (who indeed
erroneously claimed that websocket is a HTTP protocol and proxies would
not need to acknowledge such a new protocol, calling me a fool for
doubting this), seems to be wrong :-( .

-Michael