[fpc-pascal] Database Metadata proposal

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Jun 1 16:18:05 CEST 2014

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014, Daniel Gaspary wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> Make this a TCollection/TCollectionItem. Generics are not used in the DB
>> units, and they should not be used for consistency.
>
> But I was thinking that TSqlObjectIdenfier could be reused at Data
> Dictionary Units. As a TCollectionItem could be harder to reuse, as it
> will depend of the existence of a TCollection.

I don't understand what you mean with this sentence ?

1. TCollectionItem can perfectly be used without TCollection.
2. You create the collection implicitly with your generic list anyway;
    the exercise is pointless without it; so why not be explicit ?

But if you feel more comforable with a record and an dynamic array:
feel free to use that. Though I don't see a problem with TCollectionItem/TCollection.
It is used everywhere in the FCL.

Michael.