[fpc-pascal] Migrate mantis bugtracker

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 31 18:48:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

In case someone is interested:

I created a FPC program to migrate a mantis bugtracker database from MySQL to Postgres.

The reason for creating such a beast is that MySQL is inferior to Postgres in many ways,
and so we're switching the FPC bugtracker from MySQL to Postgres.
(the recent bugtracker downtime is no stranger to this decision)

The program takes care of several conversion pitfalls: Different data types and erroneous data
(MySQL allows wrong UTF8 in the tables, postgres rightly complains about it).

If someone has interest in such a program : let me know, and I'll send you the sources.

Michael.