[fpc-pascal] cthreads

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 26 23:11:25 CEST 2014

On 26.07.2014 19:50, leledumbo wrote:
>> Because then all apps are linked to it, also the ones that don't need
> threads. Same for clocale and cwstrings.
>
> If the widestring manager could be made by ourselves, is it possible for
> thread manager as well?

Principiall yes, but the problem here would be external code that the
program links to. E.g. Wine did something like this some time ago
(before they switched to pthreads) and needed to simulate some
structures so that libc switches to multithreaded mode... So if we have
Pascal only code (like the compiler) this would work without big
problems (if someone implements it of course ;) ), but if you have 3rd
party code not written in FPC then problems might arise...

Regards,
Sven