[fpc-pascal] How to play H264 mp4 video using free pascal?

Dennis Poon dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
Wed Jul 23 10:59:34 CEST 2014

Fabio Luis Girardi wrote:

> Start omxplayer with tprocess and use pipes to do this
>
> Em 22/07/2014 08:30, "Dennis Poon" <dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
> <mailto:dennis at avidsoft.com.hk>> escreveu:
>
>     what library (e.g. ffmpeg) should I call?
>     any example e.g. of it?
>
>     Actually, the target platform is Raspberry Pi (raspbian OS). It
>     comes with a video player that does it (omxplayer) but I don't
>     know how to interface with it apart from launching it.
>     After launch, I don't know how to pause it from my free pascal
>     program.
>
>     The goal is to have my program play an advertisement video as a
>     screen saver. When someone touches the mouse or keyboard, the
>     video pause and return to my program.
>
>     Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
But how do I detect that any mouse or keyboard changes by user now that
the omxplayer is fullscreen has the focus?
I need to detect user interaction to pause the omxplayer and put my
program back to the front.
The question in other words is how does a non-front program detect user
inputs?

Thanks.

Dennis