[fpc-pascal] fpGUI v1.2 release branch ready for testing

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jul 21 10:47:13 CEST 2014

On 07/20/2014 11:52 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I've started the v1.2 release cycle, and created a 'release-1.2' branch.
Sounds rather great to me as I would be able to use TThread.Queue in a
modified Lazarus Widget Type to create Application.QueueAsyncCall (in a
test this already does work fine for me).

While for me this is not an obvious issue, someone mentioned that
Application.QueueAsyncCall based on TThread.Queue will not be not
completely compatible to Application.QueueAsyncCall in other Widget
Types, as - seemingly for Delphi compatibility - TThread.Queue does not
queue the call but call the function immediately in the (supposedly
close to never used) case that it's called from the MainThread, while
all current Application.QueueAsyncCall implementations always do the
queuing.

Does it make sense to do something about this issue, or do you think
it's enough to just document that in the planned Widget Type works that
way ?

-Michael