[fpc-pascal] Does TBufDataSet support Blob or memo field?

Dennis Poon dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
Thu Jan 16 09:24:58 CET 2014

Dennis Poon wrote:
> All the other usual types (e.g. integer, string, datetime) work except
> ftMemo and ftblob.
>
> Yes, I have used POST
>
> Dennis
>

> LacaK wrote:
>> AFAIR this is so. (we can call it bug ;-))
>> Data are not there until you Post record.
>> After Post you will see data there, right?
>> -Laco.

LacaK,
My apology. You were right, values of blob/memo field of TbufDataset
won't get updated after TDataset.POST
while other types have no such problem.

I checked my code again and I found I did post after I check the
blob/memo field values.

I think it is probably a bug, rather than a feature as all fields should
be the same:  values get updated even without calling post.

Dennis