[fpc-pascal] ARM Linux crosscompiler: compiles but... executable gives segmentation fault

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 10:53:41 CET 2014

On 10/01/2014 13:27, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> Thanks to earlier help I got to build an ARM Linux cross compiler module
> in fpcup which even compiles fpcup itself (both using trunk and stable
> starting compiler):
> opt="-fPIC -dFPC_ARMHF"
> crossopt="-CpARMV6 -CaEABIHF -CfVFPV2"
>
> fpc -g -gl -Tlinux -Parm simple.lpr
>
> Question: should I have compiled with -fPIC?
Just tried without -fPIC, and -CpARMV6Z=>compiles and runs nicely
Rest of the options the same.

Tried again with -fPIC, -CpARMV6Z=>segmentation fault.

So I'll just leave -fPIC off then....

Could also cross-compile fpcup (which uses lclbase) and it seems to run.

@Michael, Jeppe etc: thanks a lot for the help, and hope the other
problem gets solved.

Thanks a lot,
Reinier