[fpc-pascal] how to initialize a SearchRec var?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:43:26 CET 2014

Am 03.01.2014 08:36 schrieb "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <
markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk>:

> Sven Barth wrote:

>>> Out of curiosity, does this work:
>>>
>>> var
>>>     dirinfo: SearchRec= Default(SearchRec);
>>>

>> Not yet. It's on my ToDo list however since I implemented Default().
>

> That would be useful. I'm currently trying to do a line-by-line
transcription of a CPU emulator that somebody's been misguided enough to
write in JavaScript. Being able to deal concisely with things like

>     this.memMod = [ // Array of memory module words as Float64s (8 x 4KW
each)
>         null, null, null, null, null, null, null, null];
>
> would be a decided advantage.

In case of arrays you can already do the following:

=== code begin ===

const
  NullMemMod: array[0..7] of Pointer(* or whatever *) = (Nil, Nil, Nil,
Nil, Nil, Nil, Nil, Nil);

// somewhere else:
Self.MemMod := NullMemMod;

=== code end ===