[fpc-pascal] updating an old DOS tool using PChar strings

Paul Breneman Paul2006 at BrenemanLabs.com
Thu Feb 20 02:30:39 CET 2014

On 02/19/2014 03:06 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
> any help is appreciated and thanks for reading this quite possibly
> rambling post emanating from my scrambled brain cells...

FPC DOS is pretty easy for a console program, but it is 32-bit (whereas
DOS is 16-bit) so it isn't as simple as Turbo Pascal.

I think my most enjoyable work ever was during the past 3.5 years, using
Turbo Pascal on expensive real-time embedded equipment.

There is a 5 MB zip here that should make it easy to get started with
FPC for DOS:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm