[fpc-pascal] weird compiler(?) problem

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Feb 13 18:14:03 CET 2014

On 13/02/2014 16:36, Xiangrong Fang wrote:
> blue dots comes back after I switch back to O1...
>
> Sorry for the false alarm... but this seems a debugger problem in
> lazarus anyway...

With -O2 and above the debugger does not always work.

In case of such optimization the debug info compiled into the exe by fpc
is not always accurate.

It is not just blue dots, inspecting variables may show random data, ....

Debugging with O2 and up, if you must, requires to only look at the
disassembler and register window. registers can only be trusted in the
ttop stackframe. selecting any other may not show correct info.