[fpc-pascal] Can a library synchronize foreign procedure ?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 13 09:57:22 CET 2014

On 02/12/2014 08:55 PM, Fred van Stappen wrote:

> > you need synchronized heaps between the library and the
> >main program.
>
> Exactly, that is what i want...

Unifying the heap is known to be necessary to successfully pass string
parameters between the main program and the library. Supposedly also
Objects "free" and open arrays will not work as expected.

I once did that with Delphi (pre XE). It was easy.

But I have no idea how this is done with the fpc heap manager (though I
seem to remember having read about it some time ago).

Of course as it needs to work in multiple OSes with different dynamic
library paradigms, it's more complicated than in pure Windows Delphi.

-Michael