[fpc-pascal] fp universal library ?

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Feb 11 23:20:27 CET 2014

On Tue, February 11, 2014 20:29, Fred van Stappen wrote:

>> It might be better to mention the necessary compiler options (-Mobjfpc
>> -Sh) or even better include them directly in the respective sources.
>>
>> In addition, compiling "uoslib.pas" results in "uoslib.dll", whereas you
>> try to load uos.dll from libconsoleplay.pas.
>
> Yep, sorry. But if you compile it from uoslib.lpi, it change uoslib.dll
> into uos.dll.
> Also, compiling from uoslib.lpi include extrafpc.cfg, with required
> compiler options.

I don't use Lazarus, i.e. .lpi files are of no use for me. The option
-fPIC isn't necessary for the Win32 target, i.e. I didn't miss that one
(but I was aware of it - at least it was well visible unlike the others
which I had to find by trial and error).

>> It turns out that you missed to specify a matching calling convention
>> for
>> uos_loadlib (you specified "cdecl" in uoslib_h, but not in uoslib). It
>> seems to work correctly after adding it at line 41 of uoslib.pas.
>
> Houraaa, magnifique, marvellous, you find it.
> Gigas of thanks, Tomas, you are my Hero.
>
> Of course you get a big credit in the uoslib contributors.

You're welcome, it wasn't that difficult after all. :-)

Tomas