[fpc-pascal] Size of program vs library ?

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 13:35:37 CET 2014

> If I am correct, the compiler will add the PIC by itself.
> But someone of the compiler team should confirm this...
>
> Michael.

Yep, Michael, many thanks for answer.

Sorry to insist on that, but the size of fp library is very too big vs other libraries (C for example).

But there are huge advantages to use fp library : for example i never was able to create dynamic loaded libraries who load dynamically other libraries ( not possible with gcc, nor with M$ Visual Studio).

But with fp, it is possible...

So, if it could be possible to create fp library with a reasonable size, i think fp library is the future for all other libraries...

Many thanks.