[fpc-pascal] unit crt linux CR LF

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Tue Dec 23 02:04:47 CET 2014

> When using the crt unit the CR LF is not working properly as I understand.

quite the opposite, crt makes CR LF works as intended per character (see
last answer)

> Is it possible to change this behaviour?

yes, don't use crt

> So that the CR LF is working?

Back to first answer

> For examlpe when displaying file contents with linux command cat.

Linux commands always output *nix newlines, which is only LF. CR is required
to reset cursor position back to the first column. That's what I mean by
"works as intended per character".

If you insist on using CRT, apply
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/sysutils/adjustlinebreaks.html to
your strings before outputting.