[fpc-pascal] Blobtype fix - correct?

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Fri Apr 25 07:20:49 CEST 2014

Hi,
I know , that I am bit late ;-), but:
- for compatibility reasons I would choose another path (mentioned by
Michael as "second"). As it was mentioned in comments in bug tracker
there are two similar methods:
-- SetDataType (protected)
-- SetFieldType (public with checks ... see in fields.inc)

Please see also:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE4/en/Data.DB.TBlobField.SetFieldType
And "Note: Calling *SetFieldType* does the same thing as setting the
BlobType
<http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE4/en/Data.DB.TBlobField.BlobType>
property."

So I would use patch in bug tracker and second in all TBlobFields
descendants use SetFieldType instead of SetDataType in their constructors.

Side question is if there can be situation, where DataType <> BlobType.
I did not test in Delphi, but in our current implementation it is
possible, because setting BlobType does not change DataType

Bye
-Laco.