[fpc-pascal] "Double" specialization of generic class

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:21:57 CEST 2014

Am 15.04.2014 08:47 schrieb "Xiangrong Fang" <xrfang at gmail.com>:
> It's good to know that it works, at least in 2.7.1.   I will report the
problem again while I start using 2.7.1 or when it is released as 2.8 :-)

That's the point: I don't know wether it compiles in 2.7.1 as I did not
test it. If you could provide a minimal sample (which fails in 2.6.2) and
report that as a bug I could ensure that 2.7.1 works correctly there.

> For now, another suggestion regarding this error is the error message it
gave out, which is not understandable (error -139), I only find out the
cause of this by comparing my source code in git.

No other message? Did you check the -v options that errors are really
printed? Do you compile using Lazarus or on command line? If the former
then try the latter please or do a right click on the message window and
select "copy all visible and hidden messages to clipboard" (or so) and
paste that somewhere else to see wether Lazarus hid any messages.

> I hope this is also improved in 2.7 or later.

Normally there should either be an error message (at least "compilation
aborted") or if it's a crash a stackstrace...

Regards,
Sven