[fpc-pascal] TIP: fcl-web [trunk] usage with FPC 2.6.2

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 13:11:49 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've been in a private conversation with Michael van Canneyt about
fcl-web changes. He was kind enough to oblige with my requests. In due
time those changes should make their way into 2.6.3.

Due to the fact that I work with production software, I tend to stick
with released FPC versions only [stability reasons], for most of my
commercial projects.

I really wanted the latest fcl-web changes though, so I took a chance
and got the latest fcl-web code from Trunk. Added it to my project,
added the new unit search path, and tried to compile my project.

It worked! FPC and Lazarus picked up my "preferred fcl-web" directory,
and fcl-web [from trunk] is independent enough that it doesn't require
any other units from FPC Trunk. So it works perfectly with the FPC 2.6.2
compiler.

[NOTE: I use fcl-web only from direct source code, I don't use the
streaming or visual design support that Lazarus offers]

I just thought I would share this with others. Sometimes you can use FPC
Trunk packages with an earlier FPC release.

Regards,
  Graeme