[fpc-pascal] Re: Problems reading some of the messages from this mailing list

Philippe philippe at quarta.com.br
Mon Sep 23 15:39:20 CEST 2013

I changed the webmail configuration to MIME / 8 bits ... I hope it
helps!

Philippe

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:06:00 +0200, Guillermo
Martínez wrote:

> From: "Tomas Hajny"
>
>> That should not be an
issue by itself. The more likely reason is probably use of 8-bit message
(utf-8) without encoding in us-ascii (7-bit) compatible "envelope" -
typically MIME Quoted Printable (as already used for the HTML section,
but not for the plain text version). Some mail servers may not allow
that and recode the message in MIME Base64 encoding (which is most
likely the text below); while doing that, they should include this
information in the header, but I suspect that this hasn't happened in
the case of Guillermo (this could be checked if he forwards the received
message in attachment - doing this via fpc-other would be more
appropriate than here). Nevertheless, the real solution is probably for
Philippe to configure his e-mail client not to send 8-bit messages
without 7-bit "safe" encoding). Tomas

> So I can't do anything, can
I?

> Unfortunatelly there are more users that sends their e-mail that
way,
> specially chinese ones.
>
> Thanks.
> Guillermo "Ñuño"