[fpc-pascal] lnet for TCP daemon

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 14:36:48 CEST 2013

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 09/12/2013 12:47 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>

>> I've concluded that using a thread is, in fact, preferable
> True.
>
> It's a pity that Synapse and friend (especially SynaSer) does does not
> implement internal threads that throw appropriate events in the Main
> Thread when something comes in (or an error appears). This is a very
> common request, and since the fpc-Team some time ago enabled
> TThread.Queue in the RTL, this is doable in a straight forward,
> "fpc-ish" way (portable but Delphi compatible).

Although for certain types of usage being able to get directly to the
hardware (or strictly, to the lowest level the OS supports for normal
users) is absolutely essential, e.g. if timing information has to be
appended to each character or if records of control signal changes have
to be inserted.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk