[fpc-pascal] DoDirSeparators and special filenames on Windows

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 19:21:24 CEST 2013

On 9/8/13, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at hajny.biz> wrote:

> OK, I'll have a look at the MSDN link once I sit at some machine with a
> bigger display than my phone.

;-)

> Good, thanks for the pointer. We may indeed want to add some safeguards to
> the Windows GetDir implementation (or possibly check some alternative
> solution for finding out the current directory on other drives).

It may very well not be possible.
The ugly truth ma be that we have to learn to live with it (it's been
a long time since DOS).

>  After all, it
> means that not only ExpandFilename is not threadsafe, but basically any
> opening of a file (and other I/O operations working with file names)
> wouldn't be threadsafe either. We will have to solve it somehow.

Removing Thread support would solve it definately ;-))

It may be a good idea to document this somewhere (in the apprpriate
sections about File IO as well as MultiThreading)?
I mus admit, that at this point I was too lazy to look for that.3

> OK, that is a fair point. Let's wait for the opinion of others.

Should be interesting.

Bart