[fpc-pascal] Powtils: lightwebserver, lightwebserver2 or lightwebserver3?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:41:53 CET 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> Having recently (and currently still) doing extensive work with embedded
> HTTP servers, I tested many (Powtils, Indy, tiWebServer, FPC, nYume etc). I
> must agree with Michael, fphttpserver is a good choice. There is a bit of a
> learning curve [compared to some others], but nothing major. Overall, I'm
> very happy with the final choice on fphttpserver.

Out of curiosity, how is its performance compared to Indy based web server.
My current employer has a highly optimized data system with custom web
server and custom DB. No SQL sentences and no SQL DBs obviously. The
load it can handle is quite impressive.
It manages information for schools: personnel, students, courses,
exams, timetables, messaging etc.

I understood Graeme's system is also for schools but handles the
actual learning material which makes it different.
Yet I believe it also has high performance requirements and must
handle heavy load.

My employer (StarSoft, Finland) system is compiled with both Delphi
and FPC, on Windows and Linux.
Porting the code for Unicode so it still works with both Delphi and
FPC is a challenge. Uhhh!
I will not tell more or I will reveal company secrets.

Regards,
Juha