[fpc-pascal] Re: [Bulk] Re: Namespaces Support

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Oct 28 14:43:22 CET 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM, leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:
>> My more fresh example is:
> I have, for years, many units that have the prefix 'M'. So I have
> MClasses, MCore, MTasks, MSystem, etc.
> Now MSEgui (by Martin Schreiber) introduced a mclasses unit -- your
> own implementation of classes unit -- and I can not use both units in
> the same project. :(
>
> Namespace does NOT solve the problem. If MSE units uses M.<unit> for their
> units and you have yours the same as well, you'll end up renaming either
> anyway.

Please, see my mail before.

The major problem is using third-party codes. You do not have access
to change these codes -- well, you could but you would miss the
updates from original one.
I do not like Java, for example, but this language allows the
programmer make your own paths and use them in 'uses' (import) clause.
The problem of Pascal language isn't Namespace support because we
already have it (unit). The problem, IMHO, is do not have the
flexibility to change the 'path' and/or the 'name' of 'Namespaces'.

Marcos Douglas