[fpc-pascal] docs on freepascal.org vs lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net

Michal Wallace michal.wallace at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 15:03:52 CEST 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org
> wrote:

> That the lazarus project generates their docs from the current trunk
> version is unfortunate, especially since they actually use a released
> version of the FPC compiler.
>
> FPC does not have the manpower to support multiple release versions. Not
> for the compiler, not for the documentation.

Fair enough, and I certainly appreciate all the work you do on the docs.
I've tried to submit bug reports when I noticed anything strange in the
past. Maybe now that I'm more or less up to speed I can find time to
contribute something more.

BTW, it was actually one of your posts from a few years ago that lead me to
the updated docs. [ 1 ]

You mentioned the documentation for a GetChildren method, when I looked at
the docs for TComponent. I didn't see a GetChildren method listed for
TComponent, so I went back to google. The updated docs have a whole page
about it.

Given all the work you've done since Feb 2, I would even say that the
updated version does a better job of describing 2.6.2 than the 2.6.2 docs.
:)

-Michal

[ 1 ]
http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/WriteComponent-not-outputting-a-hierarchy-of-components-td2824839.html#a2824840