[fpc-pascal] gdbm package on Windows

greim greim at schleibinger.com
Sat Oct 5 17:56:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

i want to  _read_ *.pag files created as hash ( dbm or ndbm or gdbm)
files in Perl (Linux) with freepascal.

I used the gdbm package, and it worked fine with Linux.

On Windows (XP) using the same *.pag file unfortunately not.
I installed different gdbm.dll files in the working directory but the
testdbm.pp crushed down with some access violation (fpc) or was asking
for a c.dll (in a Lazarus application) ?

Is the gdbm package designed only for Linux (i fear so) ?
Is there any other package / tool / source snippet for READING dbm files
on Windows?

Regards

Markus Greim