[fpc-pascal] Re: FpHttpServer and DaemonApp does not works on Linux

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:21:55 CET 2013

2013/11/7 silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use a HTTP server with daemon on Linux, but, it does not
> works. I did a project that is working perfectly well on Windows, but on
> Linux, although the service is successfully installed, it does not starts
> the HTTP server.
>
> I followed this tutorial:
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Daemons_and_Services
>
> You can download the project test in attached or in this link:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljnq71u7lkpkz3w/daemon.zip
>
> And the shell script:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/slwafuo9tj93ym7/project1.zip
>
> To test, follow these steps:
>
> 1. Compile the project1.lpr, and copy the generated executable to "/bin/";
> 2. Unzip "project1.zip", it is just a shell script, and copy if to
> /etc/init.d/, after execute "# chmod +x project1" and  "# service project1
> start";
> 3. Open your browser and access: http://localhost:5445;
>
> Where am I going wrong? Some time ago I've done this test, and if I not
> mistake it worked.

Seems that problem is in the script. I changed it to the draft code (based
on
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/newbie/97097-how-create-linux-service-daemon.html)
below and it worked fine:

#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
  start)
    # Start daemons.
    echo -n "Starting /bin/project1 daemon: "
    echo
    start-stop-daemon -S -b -x /bin/project1 -- -r
    echo
    ;;
  stop)
    # Stop daemons.
    echo -n "Shutting down /bin/project1: "
start-stop-daemon -K -x /bin/project1 -- -r
    echo
    # Do clean-up works here like removing pid files from /var/run, etc.
    ;;
  status)
    status /bin/project1
    ;;
  restart)
    $0 stop
    $0 start
    ;;
  *)
    echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|status|restart}"
    exit 1
esac
exit 0

--