[fpc-pascal] Re: [Bulk] Re: Namespaces Support

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 14:45:46 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> >> First, if you have a lib that have dependencies to another lib, you
> >> have to provide all sources together -- in the same directory or
> >> subdirectories.  For this case just use the rule #1.
> >> But, if you did not provide the sources for the other lib, the user
> >> will need to define the "ALIAS" to the lib that have dependencies
> >> before compile it (package). For this case use the rule #2.
> >
> > Changing the structure of a project is a big NO. For a number of reasons:
>
> There is no changes! The change is a new parameter (OPTIONAL) in the
> compiler... just this.

so again, how should rule #2 work in the following case:
program\unit1.pas
program\StrUtils.pas
program\unit2.pas
lib\StrUtils.pas
otherlib\ExtraUtils.pas

ExtraUtils depends on StrUtils.pas from "lib". But "otherlib" is not a
subdirectory of lib.
unti1.pas users StrUtils.pas from "lib".
unit2.pas uses StrUtils.pas from "program"

How could I compile with structure using ALIAS?

thanks,
Dmitry