[fpc-pascal] Re: Undefined symbols. Help!

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Sun May 26 15:11:17 CEST 2013

Okay, had tried ...

{$linklib msvcrt} // libmsvcrt.a copied from Linux /usr/i686-mingw-w64/lib
{$linklib tess} // my static lib

Then I installed dependency walker (per your advice) and inspected
msvcrt.dll. That dll seems to have the missing functions but with the names
a bit different in places (it has a malloc, but no _malloc). I swapped the
linklib below reversing the order:

{$linklib tess}
{$linklib msvcrt}

And tried to recompile a program. Now the only undefined symbols are:

Error: Undefined symbol: __assert
Error: Undefined symbol: _longjmp
Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping

Looking at the msvcrt.dll function list in dependency walker is see:

_assert
longjmp

So FPC is not picking up these functions. What should I try next to get
those two functions linking?