[fpc-pascal] Re: ID3v2 - Reading and writing MP3 metadata

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Thu May 9 20:55:31 CEST 2013

Well, the unit you present me seems to only support ID3v1.
I said: "It works only under the ID3v1 pattern!" No. Its not correct.
What I want to say is that only the same tags filled under the ID3v1
pattern is filled when I use the TID3v2 class. So the attached unit
and the mentioned example behaves as the ID3v1 was the active
supported pattern.
In my example, "composer" is the single tag present in v2, not present in v1.
Attached is the unit sent to me.
ID3v1 is a very simple pattern. It's enough to read the last 128 byte
of the mp3 file, assigning it to a record. So with simple blockreads
and blockwrites, the work is done without difficulties. ID3v2 is much
more complex.
After visiting http://www.id3.org, I got some information for
developers. Hum.. The ID3v2 is so complex that I think I was not able
to implement it if it is already available.
e Free Pascal - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Hello.
Im busy to implement ID3v2 tag in uos.
Im nearly ready...
https://github.com/fredvs/uos