[fpc-pascal] How to close TInetServer without except?

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Mon May 6 21:40:46 CEST 2013

2013/5/6 Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr>

> In TTcpIpClientSocketThread.Execute you do a read followed by a select.
> The logic is: first select then read when something is available.

Sorry, but I don't understand well this part. :/ In the old code I not used
select, and now I'm using it just to know that recv received data, but
without lock the application.
But if there is how to improve, feel free buddy, I noticed that you know
well about sockets. :)

I can add your SSH key on my Bitbucket account and you can commit directly
in this code. Or, if your prefer, you can send me GIT patches. Feel free
again.

> The sleep(0) is not needed. Select suspends already the thread when
> waiting.

Done. I removed that.

>           VTimeVal.tv_sec := 0;
>           VTimeVal.tv_usec := 100;
> That is 100 microseconds which is very short.

Is 500us good value for delay?

> On top of that, when the timeout expires, you test if FDisconnectClient is
> set and, if not set,
> you do the read immediately again. The read is therefor again hanging
> until something comes in.

Yes. I needed it when I made a small HTTP server and I needed to disconnect
the client in each request. There are a best way to do it? :/

> Watch out for Synchronize(@DoReceive) in a recv loop. That is going to
> drag down your performance considerably.

I don't understand well this part hehe... Hm... In some tests I did not see
decreased performance, please could you show me an example decreasing the
performance? I need to reproduce the problem, and debug the code to improve
it.

Thank you very much for the explanations again. On the end of it maybe we
have a nice multi-threaded component for work with TCP/IP. :)

--
Silvio Clécio