[fpc-pascal] Re: Feature proposal: function-based assignment operatorst

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Mar 30 10:30:50 CET 2013

Am 2013-03-29 11:20, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
> What is it about Pascal programmers and their assumption that verbosity is a prerequisite to clarity?

Why do you think nobody is writing text in stenography? It would be much less text to write. But we use "standard" languages which have a lot of redundancy. This has the advantage that errors can easily be detected and often can also be corrected. With no redundancy this is not possible. The same applies to programming languages. And that makes (made) Pascal much clearer than C.