[fpc-pascal] Re: Feature proposal: function-based assignment operatorst

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:35:42 CET 2013

On 29.03.2013 02:21, leledumbo wrote:
>> Good point. So to be consistent, don't turn it on :-)
>
> NEVER turn it on for me :-)

If you use a compiler without a preset fpc.cfg than it's disabled by
default. It needs to be switched on using "-Sc" or "{$COPERATORS ON}".

> If only I'm the core dev, I would mark the C operator feature as deprecated
> and remove it in the next major version.

[Note: No personal attack intended with the next sentence] In that case
I think we are lucky that you aren't a core dev :P
We value backwards compatiblity very high and this is part of it, no
matter whether these c-like operators are considered good or bad...

Regards,
Sven