[fpc-pascal] HMAC_SHA1 and FPC

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 06:20:58 CET 2013

2013/3/26 Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com>

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't know why so much work if you can use it directly from the FCL.
>>

> Because...
>
> OpenSSL is quite robust, well documented. tested, and proven
> OpenSSL provides a full compilement of cryptography and hashing functions
> On Linux/OSX you can link to external shared object files, which further
> reduces project build size and system resources
>
> Side benefit: OpenSSL also provides a simple secure socket implementation,
> which many times pairs nicely along with SHA/HMAC

I don't know if you noticed, but I sent the ALL test cases required by the
RFC 2202 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2202), i.e., it's enough to check
whether the algorithm it's well implemented or not.

I'll await the answer of the staff of Core, because for me the final answer
is theirs.

--
Silvio Clécio