[fpc-pascal] Re: Linked list constant

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Tue Mar 19 09:06:31 CET 2013

> Really? No gain in the beloved readability?

Not for me, I always initialize code in "executable" section, keeping the
declaration section clean. That's what "readable" to me.

> And it seems to me a "const" should not be changed by code. ;-)

Even if it's allowed, you're declaring typed constant, which is not a real
constant and has the same effect as initialized variable (e.g. you can
change the value later on). It only differs (from initialized var) when the
assignment happens inside a routine.