[fpc-pascal] a proposal about "with" syntax

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:08:20 CET 2013

2013/3/18 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>

> In our previous episode, Xiangrong Fang said:
> > Alternatively, how about just use SPACE to separate the token? i.e.:
> >
> > with SomeObject o1, SomeOtherObject o2 do....
>
> That's perfectly fine for C. But this isn't C.

What's wrong here? In pascal, we also see space used in similar way:

property Item[Index: Integer]: Integer read GetItem write SetItem; default;

i.e. there is NO ; or anything before the "read" keyword, but you do need a
; before "default".  Anyway, this maybe related to how the parser is
implemented, or just a decision by the language designer, but I don't
really see why this has to do with C vs. Pascal??