[fpc-pascal] [OT] fpcup+FreeBSD/PC-BSD: getting linux compat binutils/libs for cross compiling

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 12:08:23 CET 2013

On 17-3-2013 11:48, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2013-03-17 08:59, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> Tried installing
>> /usr/ports/emulators/linux_dist-gentoo-stage3
>> which failed: got an error saying it was broken.
>
> Did you do a ports update before you tried to install it? Always update
> ports first, and read the UPDATING file for any possible nasty surprises
> (normally not many).

Heh, naively thought a release from December 2012 would be up to date
enough :)
Did
su -
portsnap fetch
portsnap extract
for good measure
portsnap fetch update

cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_dist-gentoo-stage3
make -DBATCH install clean

Nope:
===>  linux_dist-gentoo-stage3-20120710 is marked as broken: does not fetch.
*** [install] Error code 1

On other fronts: I seem to have got mingw32 bin/libs installed ok, now
working on a FreeBSD=>win32 crosscompiler module.

Thanks,
Reinier