[fpc-pascal] a proposal about "with" syntax

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Mar 17 11:07:30 CET 2013

Al 17/03/13 03:37, En/na Flávio Etrusco ha escrit:

> unfortunate, because IMO the 'with' syntax is one of the most
> abominable un-pascal things Borland introduced in the language, and
> *forcing* the AS syntax (but probably with some other keyword like
> ALIAS) would make it much more palatable.

I checked on google books and it doesn't seem to be a Borland addition

http://books.google.es/books?hl=ca&id=mHSZRZnDp60C&q=with#search_anchor

Texas Instruments' Pascal had an extension of the with statement, IIRC
it used = instead of AS

With a=VeryLongNameForARecord, b=AnotherRecordWithAVeryLongName do ...

Bye
--
Luca