[fpc-pascal] a proposal about "with" syntax

Daniel Gaspary dgaspary at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 04:16:57 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM, 印場 乃亜 <shiruba at galapagossoftware.com> wrote:
> On 2013/03/17, at 11:37, Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Daniel, I find this hack as ingenious as atrocious ;-)
>> But thinking about it a bit, when FPC gets generic methods you can
>> make this kind of workable!

I was thinking about this, not specifically generic methods, but some
new generic resource.

> No comment, but the fact that he replied with his "solution" so quickly makes me wonder if he has actually used it before!

I never used it, but indeed I have thought before about a way to do this.

I would like to have option to use a kind of self in with statement,
but I understand the compiler team that it is a superfluous resource.