[fpc-pascal] FreeBSD failure compiling fpdoc 2.7.1

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 18:07:41 CET 2013

On 2013-03-15 16:40, Pierre Free Pascal wrote:

> So often I end up with
>   BASE_271_DIR/lib/fpc/2.7.1
> but also
>   BASE_271_DIR/lib/fpc/2.6.0
> which contains the newly installed linraries...

No, that is not the case. I only have a lib/fpc/2.7.1/ directory tree.
My build script was posted in my earlier message. I have used that same
script since about FPC 2.4.0

>   A good solution to avoid it is to put
> your trunk compiler binary in the path before the release
> compiler.

I explicit specify the compiler and install prefix to avoid such issues.
This has worked for many years. It seems it might be a fpmake issue to
me. Everything is done correctly, except the lib*.a files are not copied
to the INSTALL_PREFIX path.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/