[fpc-pascal] [OT] Pascal compiler for embedded platforms

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Fri Mar 15 11:30:59 CET 2013

Am Friday 15 March 2013 10:40:15 schrieb Roberto P.:
> 2013/3/15 Rainer Stratmann <RainerStratmann at t-online.de>
> > For 32 bit ARM I would try to use freepascal.
> > I got it work somehow.
>
> any tip or guide would be appreciated, then.

For me that is not easy. Most of the time I get it work somehow and shortly
after I did not realize why ... :-)
I have suggestions to make something easier, but I am always facing excuses
why it is good as it is, so I less take part of this type of discussions
which are exhausting for me.

> > > I'm just a little afraid of the potentially limited maturity of these.
> >
> > What do you mean exactly with that?
>
> I mean that (maybe) both FPC and mikroePascal are young products for the
> embedded world, so that I might be facing compiler or  library propblems
> during the devlopment, besides my own project problems.

May be mikroe is not providing the sourcecode (I am not sure), but they have
for nearly everything a solution. Ethernet, FAT, SPI, SD-Card, USB, HTTP,
TCP, etc...
There were problems in the past, but because they are (heavily) busy with that
stuff they solve most of the important problems. And I think they are honest.