[fpc-pascal] Exe file names (was:differences between .pp and .pas files)

Joao Morais jcmoraisjr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 20:20:32 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 2:49 AM, 印場 乃亜 <shiruba at galapagossoftware.com> wrote:

> On 2013/02/26, at 8:51, Joao Morais <jcmoraisjr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
>> <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> I quite like this idea. I have always hated *nix systems that don't use
>>> extensions for executables. Rather hard to quickly search for
>>> executables in a directory hierarchy, where with a file extension it is
>>> much easier.
>>
>> find -type f -executable
>>
>> Btw .bat is also executable. And nothing prevents you from naming your
>> nix executables with the .exe extension.
>
> Joao,
>
> I think you had better be careful what you say.  Someone will rename their
> entire /usr/bin directory and wonder why the system stops working!
>
> You can rename executables you create, but don't change the names of standard ones!

Yes, that's right. My point was that "the Graeme's nix executables"
may be named with the name and also the extension he judge will add
value to its packaging and distribution system. Just a footnote, I'm
pretty sure he is aware of that =)

Sometimes the writing language a bit treacherous, anyway I hope no one
has tried to rename his /usr folder due to a misunderstanding =)

Joao Morais