[fpc-pascal] Firebird embedded supported on Windows 64 by SEH patch

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 9 10:50:38 CET 2013

Am 09.03.2013 09:36 schrieb "Paul Ishenin" <paul.ishenin at gmail.com>:

> 09.03.13, 15:49, Reinier Olislagers пишет:
>
>> Sergei Gorelkin enabled Win64 SEH support in trunk r23732:
>>
>> * Make Win64 SEH support enabled by default. If necessary to disable,
>> compiler should be cycled with OPT=-dDISABLE_WIN64_SEH. Mantis #24012.
>

> Does win32 SEH differs much from 64 bit version?

Yes, radically. It would be easier to implement arm-wince SEH first (which
could also be used by a potential arm-winrt target btw.). In x86_64 and arm
you have sections in your PE file that basically contain a pointer to the
handler function and a memory range where the handler applies. On i386 you
have a linked list of handlers on the stack that you (as in "the compiler")
need to manage manually.

I386 SEH existed first in Windows and in the arm and x86_64 cases they
learned from their problems. It would now be intresting to see how SEH on
Dec Alpha, MIPS and PowerPC worked when the platforms where still supported
by NT...

Regards,
Sven

Regards,