[fpc-pascal] Solution for Timer in daemon

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Fri Mar 1 19:10:13 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm reading that I can't use timer in daemon because daemon core is based
on thread. So I'm trying to create another thread which simulate timer. My
interval is quite big (~1-5 minutes), so I can't just use sleep(60000)
because daemon will hung on terminate. So I have two ideas:

1. Create loop with short sleep(1000) which on each loop check if main
interval occur and check if daemon is terminated
2. Create loop with RTL event with RtlEventWaitFor(Event, 60000) and daemon
on terminate just send event to worker so it immediately exit.

What is the best efficient solution? Maybe exists another way?

Regards.