[fpc-pascal] It is possible to pass command line to pascal

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Jun 30 14:30:10 CEST 2013

On 6/30/2013 05:41, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
>   On Sunday 30 June 2013 00:59:59 you wrote:
>> I Tried, but only return an integer not a string value.
>
> Thats right.
>
> You have to put the result in a file and then afterwards read the file.
>
> ls uname -r>  file.txt

what?! that's not right... i've never done that... not even with Turbo Pascal
6... it does take a bit of setup to be able to capture the output of a program
executed from within one's program but once the routines are written, they are
easy to use... i'm extremely sure that FPC has such routines available...

> The integer is the result code of the execution.
> It contains information if the execution was successful.

true...