[fpc-pascal] Re: SQLdb: TMSSQLConnection: using Instance name in Host

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Jun 21 20:01:42 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Ludo Brands <ludo.brands at free.fr> wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 04:14 PM, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is possible to use "instance name" in host connection like bellow?
>>> server001\instanceABC
>>>
>>> I'm using FPC 2.6.2
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marcos Douglas
>>
>> The error is:
>> Error 20002
>> Adaptive Server connection failed
>>

> This should work. Can you connect with another client using the
> instance? tsql?
>
> I have encountered this problem with sql server when the SQL Server
> Browser service is not started. The name is a bit confusing because it
> is needed for clients to be able to contact with a named instance. If
> this service is down, you can only connect with a port number. It
> listens normally on port port 1434 and responds with the port number for
> the instance.
>
> Another option is to define the connection in freetds.conf. Something like
> [myserver001]
>     host = server001
>     instance = instanceABC
>     tds version = 8.0

I can specify the version? I'm using MSSQL 2008
The freetds.conf file has priority to set configurations even if the
mssqlconn has this?

  dbsetlversion(FDBLogin, DBVERSION[IsSybase]);

> Don't specify a port when you specify an instance. They are mutually
> exclusive.

Ok.

Worked but I have another problem:
To connect in DB of my client I need to pass the Application Name parameter.
I tried to use Params property but didn't worked so, I changed the mssqlconn:

  dbsetlname(FDBLogin, PChar('MyApp'), DBSETAPP);

But didn't worked... Can you help me?

Thanks,
Marcos Douglas