[fpc-pascal] Re: fpc required to dynamic load VS DLL ?

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 20 11:40:46 CEST 2013

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 00:06:42 -0700
> From: leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
> To: fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org
> Subject: [fpc-pascal] Re: fpc required to dynamic load VS DLL ?
>
> > Is fpc required to dynamic load C DLL ?
>
> No. In fact, if you take a look at wrapper units (opengl, openal, sdl,
> etc.), most (or probably all) of them loads the DLL they wrap statically.
> Some may have dynamic loading feature either using different units or
> conditional compilation.

Many thanks Leledumbo.

>> most (or probably all) of them loads the DLL they wrap statically.

I was thinking that too. I have try to change compiler options in Visual Studio ( 6 and 11) to load dynamic the "child" library but i loose.

The only way i find to dynamicaly load the "child" library is to... use fpc.

PS : I wanted to help my C developper friends (who do not understand how i did to dynamically load the "child" library) and after trying lot of things, my conclusion was : C folks, migrate to Pascal, that is the best solution... ;-)