[fpc-pascal] is there a ready to use FPC Cross compiler x86-Linux -> MIPS-linux?

Dennis Poon dennis at avidsoft.com.hk
Tue Jun 11 15:48:08 CEST 2013

Jonas,
Thanks for the guidance.

Where is cpumips defined?
Also, I could not use the $fpctarget variable, I had to use the exact
file path to avoid some complains in lazarus.
> #include /etc/fpc.cfg
> #ifdef cpumips
> -Fu/home/dennis/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
> -Fu/home/dennis/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
> -Fu/home/dennis/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl
> #endif
>

>> Also, if complained under "FPC Source" tab when I entered
>> "/home/dennis/fpc/rtl"
>> "Warning directory rtl not found"

I am quite confused. I followed the svn checkout instructions and the
/dennis/fpc folder contents are what I got.
Which folder within that resultant folder is the source code folder?
  Should I move or copy that somewhere else and then pass its path to
Lazarus ?

Also, I am confused why the INSTALL_PREFIX had no effect and I still
have to specify the compiler path and the source code path in fpc.cfg
and lazarus.

> there is no /home/dennis/fpc/rtl/rtl directory. Additionally, you have
> to point it to the top level directory containing the FPC *sources*.
> Since your previous mails showed that you specified "/home/dennis/fpc"
> as the INSTALL_PREFIX, I hope "/home/dennis/fpc" is not also your
> source directory. It shouldn't break anything in case it is, but it's
> not very clean to install there.

Eventually, somehow with some hardcoding of the environ...xml and the
Lazarus start up screen file paths, Lazarus started without complains.
I tried to compile a simple program targeted at linux and mips and the
"test compile" gave me errors:
ERROR: compiled FPC unit not found avl_tree.ppu
ERROR: complied FPC unit not found: zstream.ppu
but earlier, I already "make all CPUtarget...  OS_TARGET.... .  " and I
added the binutilsprefix . for mips-linux. to produce many *.o and *.ppu
for the target.
What else more can do to product avl_tree.ppu and zstrasm.ppu?
The test program is just 1 line of writeln('hello word');

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dennis