[fpc-pascal] MAC window creation / Management / OpenGL

Noah Silva shiruba at galapagossoftware.com
Sat Jul 20 13:10:45 CEST 2013

Hi Kirill,

There are two ways of thinking about your question:
1. Do it using the Lazarus libraries (i.e. Delphi style), and let the
system worry about the nitty gritty details.
2. Do it using Mac OS libraries directly.

It sounds like you want to know about #2.  This isn't freepascal specific,
and basically works exactly the same in FreePascal as it does in
ObjectiveC.  In fact, there is a special mode called ObjectivePascal that
allows FreePascal to be compatible with ObjectiveC libraries/frameworks,
including the system ones.  (then you can follow apple's development
guides).

If you know Delphi, method 1 will be easier.  If you know ObjectiveC
development already, method 2 will be easier.
Also, method 2 allows you to directly access more OS X functionality and
thus be "more native", while method 1 gives you cross-platform
compatibility with f.e. Linux and Windows.

Some of the people on this list have already written tutorials online about
this OnjectivePascal.

http://www.objectivepascal.com/

(You can find more on Google now that you know the right keywords).

You should probably read up on these tutorials first, and then you can ask
questions here if you try things out and have points you don't understand.

Thank you,
    Noah Silva